Preface: Unfortunately some of the material published by me on these pages, has been published in print elsewhere without my permission or consent. Therefore I declare that all material published on these pages is Copyrightę Peter Frenning, OZ1PIF, except where attributed other sources, and may only be reproduced or published with my prior written permission or in the case of non-original material, from the Copyright owner.
My new VHF (and HF!) Mast:
My name is Peter Frenning
My QTH is JO65AN, Viby Sj. 50 Km (30 Mi) SW of Copenhagen, Denmark
I now use Ubuntu Linux as my primary computing
My Linux Workstation
"Life is too short for QRP"
Except if you're WSPRing!
about WSPR; K3UK,
Andy's unoffcial WSPR Guide and/or G0KYA's
Top antenna at 16m AGL when fully extended, can be telescoped down to 12.5m and folded down for maintenance work. Full story with pictures here!
MFJ-1775 Multiband Dipole on top (See review here, my experience so far closely parallel Phil's), I have mounted it as a 4-band HF-dipole only, omitting the 2- and 6-meter option! See Close-Up Picture!
17 ele. M2 5WL 14.7dBd for 144MHz in the middle, with PA3BIY ATF54143 LNA.
4 ele. HomeBrew long yagi for 50MHz.
=> => => => Finally finally finally this project has been completed!
And torn down by the October 28th 2013 hurricane over southern OZ (gusts to 54m/s were recorded in vicinity).
The picture below was shot 15min after a particular heavy gust:
So for now I' running a random wire antenna at low height only ;-(
I'm QRV on all bands from (160) 80 m to 2m, and look forward to a QSO with you. If you can't reach me via radio, you can always send me an email at:
- Radio station OZ1PIF Now with FT-847 mods and 50MHz MOSFET 500W Amp
- and TenTec Orion II BLOG , a sort of diary on my experiences with my dream station
- Digimode Interface for FT-847 - Easily adapted to other fine radios!
- AGC-On/Off switch Mod for the FT-847
- SignaLink USB Mods (or how to turn it from good to excellent!)
- FT-847 Roofing Filter Mod!
- Various Circuits
- New 144MHz 1KW LDMOS SSPA (in progress) Now a functional amplifier!
- ATF54143 PHemt 144/432MHz LNA based on PA3BIY Dubus 1/2002 article
- Danish Amateur radio links (My ARC: EDR Frederikssund Afd. OZ6FRS)
- Other interesting HAM links
- Some Pictures
Last update 06.12.2013, Peter Frenning